In-Person Library Orientations
- Faculty members may schedule a library orientation during which a librarian meets with you and your class to discuss resources available at West Hills College Lemoore.
- Orientations can take place in your classroom OR in a computer lab in the Learning Resource Center.
- Orientations include:
- General instruction and demonstration of print as well as online resources.
- Assignment specific instruction and demonstration of print as well as online resources.
- Email email@example.com to schedule an orientation date and time on the Lemoore campus.
Virtual Library Orientation
- For those who do not have time in their classes for an in-person library orientation, the Virtual Library Orientation allows students to become familiar with library resources on their own time.
- Grade and proof of completion provided at the end for students to provide to their
- Can be used as a component to your course OR
- Can be used as extra credit
Guidelines for Placing Materials on Library Reserve
- When funds are available and by faculty request, the Library will acquire textbooks to add to the Library’s collections and place on Library Reserve.
- Faculty must fill out the Reserve Request Form to have materials placed on Reserve. This request will then be reviewed by the Librarian and a decision regarding purchasing will be made.
- Reserve items are placed in a closed stack area and are given two hour increments.
- Print books, DVDs or computer applications, and other non-print items can be placed on Reserve.
Recommendations for Purchase
- Faculty members are encouraged to recommend book or non-print titles for the general collection.
- Usually, materials that reflect the college curriculum are given priority.
- Email your purchase request to firstname.lastname@example.org.