Do you dream of gourmet meals? Do you love cooking and baking? Or are you interested in bartending? West Hills College Lemoore’s Restaurant Management program could be the perfect fit for you! WHCL offers several career specific certificates to prepare you for this exciting field.
Through the West Hills College Lemoore Restaurant Management program, students can earn certificates in specific fields that are in-demand in the culinary industry.
- Introduction to Culinary Arts - This 17 unit certificate prepares you for the art and science of culinary careers. Students learn the fundamentals of food preparation and how to operate in a commercial kitchen.
- Chef Apprentice - This two semester program prepares students for entry into fast paced, active kitchens in restaurants, hotels and resorts. Students complete the program with the skills and certification necessary for apprentice positions with experienced chefs.
- Beverage Management - Specific to the field of beverages, this certificate prepares students for the active work of a bartender. Students receive necessary certifications for immediate employment.
- Pasty and Baking Arts - The Pastry and Baking Arts program is designed to introduce the student to practical and theoretical techniques of pastry and bakery arts. Students will learn basic and advanced fundamentals, methods and techniques.
- South Valley Apprenticeship Program allows student to "Earn and Learn" in an on-the-job training setting. Apprentices are hired by partnering employers and paid while they attend coursework at the college. Program fees are waived for apprentices. The apprenticeship program for Head Cook, which is aligned to the Chef Apprentice Certificate program has been submitted to the California Department of Apprenticeshpi Standards for approval.
Students who complete these programs are prepared to enter the workforce directly or seek more education. All students complete an industry internship - work experience is part of the preparation!